Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Checking In...

It has been a few days since I have posted and I wanted to touch base with everyone to see how they are doing, and to get some things off my mind. This is just random Junk.. don't mind me

  1. I hate Money- I hate all the stigma that it brings, I hate how I must spend so much of my time working for it to support the family when I could be out preforming Corporal and spiritual works of Mercy or raising my children.
  2. Truth- Why Oh, Why is it so hard for people to see the truth about so many things, why do people pull their own blinders over situations and make them worse when the truth is the best answer.. Best for them, best for everyone, maybe not what they want to hear but Truth always wins out.. why fight it?
  3. I want to Move to Ireland - at least I think I do.

Also readers I wanted to share something else from my work-

There is a young woman whom I work with she currently can not have children and has many a genetic disorder, she is currently undergoing IVF treatments to try and concieve, she is also a member of the cult of the Jehovah's witness (who's new kingdom hall is being built less than a mile from my home). This young woman is very nice and friendly and will tend to talk your ear off if you allow it, to me she has not spread a word of her religion. I wonder if My Holy cards, Crucifix, Catholic Calender are too much for her, or maybe I fit the profile of a Catholic that the Awake and Watchtower magazines paint of Roman Catholicism, Im not sure... I am also not so sure how devout she is to her faith but has tried to plant seed in other co-workers that I have promptly up rooted.

I am faced with a question as to try and evangelize her.. but hear that JWs are hard to crack but they can be shown the truth..

anyone else want to post random thoughts?

2 comments:

Dust I Am said...

The website, http://www.carm.org/witnesses.htm, has a good overview of the strange beliefs of Witnesses (which are then easy to refute).

You are right in that a witness has been told by her mentors to withdraw if he/she cannot respond, and this is what will happen if you have good arguments.

Fortunately, you have an ideal situation in that you work every day with this young women. It's hard for her to withdraw. You may want to ask her if she will listen or if she only wants to talk. Sometimes that forthright question makes the person commit to an open discussion of Witness beliefs which is necessary to find the truth. In addition, Catholic beliefs need to be well-explained as the logical, substantive, and true alternative.

Delena said...

I love #3...It made me laugh...in a good way, though! Just reminds me of when I have a bad day and I'm suddenly vowing that I'm going to move to Canada! :-)
I'll think about your situation with your co-worker and get back with you... :-)