Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lent.. Its not just stuff you find in your pockets


Today, is the earliest possible date Ash Wednesday can come, To prepare for lent I would like to share with you a short Homily by Father Larry Richards.

You may or may not have heard of Father Larry Richards, Personally I can not get enough of him, His preaching style is energetic, vibrant,funny and orthodox.

Those in the Kansas City area can hear him on KEXS in the month of February Mondays and Fridays from 10:00AM to 11:00AM- and once again I Highly suggest you do.

His most powerful talk I have heard him give is called "What More Can he Do for you", I weep so deeply each time I listen to this talk. That talk and many others can Be ordered in CD, cassette or MP3 from his website: http://www.thereasonforourhope.org or if you are inclined you can make a donation.

Also the Mary Foundation Gives away 2 of his talks for free:

The Mass Explained [ordinary form]


Confession


both EXCELLENT, I highly recommend ALL of Fr. Larry's talks, He makes two promises to you when you listen to his Missions or Talks -

1. You will NEVER be bored and 2. Your Life will change forever

Here is his Homily for the Fourth Sunday of Ordinary time




I was fortunate enough to meet the Bishop that ordained him, A certain Bishop James C. Timlin of Scranton, Pa.

You may remember him from this Photo:

Picture 147

No comments: