Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Holy Name - Winfield Kansas

Sorry for the Delay in posting my new job has kept my busy and has sent me yet on another trip. This time to the home of the former Crayola Crayon Factory town of Winfield Kansas.

This town is also home to Holy Name Catholic Church one of the prettiest parishes I have seen. The Parish is holding a 40 Hours Devotion starting on 02/15/2008

I stopped by in the morning before work to take the Exterior shots as by the time I got off work it would be too Dark.

DSCF0281

DSCF0279

DSCF0282


When I returned after work the Church was completely Empty, and pitch black.

DSCF0292

I kneel at the communion rail in silence, in darkness and prayed the rosary, I Prayed the sorrowful mysteries, The stained Glass windows around the curve of the sanctuary gave me an image for my eyes to gaze upon for each mystery.

DSCF0286

Every Tuesday and Thursday at 7:00pm there is a Mass held for the workers of Winfield in on the side altar .

DSCF0283


Father Bernard Gorges (yes.. THAT Fr. Bernard Gorges who founded and started Totus Tuus) arrived in Cassock and Said the Mass, he was nice to put all the Lights on so I could snap a few quick shots for you.

DSCF0296

DSCF0297

Station XII

DSCF0299

DSCF0300

DSCF0301

DSCF0303

DSCF0302

After Mass, I spoke with Fr. Gorges, he invited me to come listen to him start his first of 5 Sessions on "Spe Salvi", and he gave me some great insight and has encouraged me to finish reading the entire letter.

DSCF0305
Please Pray for Fr. Gorges he is a Good and Holy Priest.


Next week... To Washington D.C.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a pretty church.

JrJayhawk said...

Were you able to talk to Fr. about Latin Mass????

Jr