Saturday, January 5, 2008

Sacred Heart Parish - Gardner Kansas

As I have this more free time due to being out of work, I decided to take some more pictures for my readers at another local Catholic church, also I wanted to share some pictures from our new digital camera. Most of the time the pictures of churches I take are from after the Saturday evening vigil Mass.

Tonite I ventured out to Gardner Kansas to check out this parish that was built in 2004

I don't usually comment on my visit to the parish as mostly it is your typical Ordinary form mass, you can check out THIS POST for more detail about what I usually find around the area.

I must say that the Vigil Mass was one of the most reverent, heartfelt, prayerful masses I have participated in.

First as a shock to me as I kneel to pray I notice that the thurable and boat are missing from its stand near the altar.... sure enough incense was used throughout the mass.

Next when Father went to read the gospel, another shock (of the good kind) bellowed forth from the pulpit "DOMINUS VOBISCUM" the priest exclaimed, my jaw about hit the floor, this would be the first of about three DOMINUS VOBISCUM's he would say during the mass.

Father also sung (in english) the Eucharistic prayer, and then the entire Pater Noster (in english) was sung as well.

It was all topped off with the final blessing given in Latin.

I hope you enjoy these pictures.

God Bless


Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

Sacred Heart Gardner KS

No comments: